Statistician in Pretoria, Tshwane Metro
The National Energy Regulator (NERSA) is a regulatory authority established as a juristic person in terms of Section 3 of the National Energy Regulator Act, 2004 (Act No. 40 of 2004). NERSA’s mandate is to regulate the
electricity, piped-gas and petroleum pipeline industries in terms of the Electricity Regulation Act, 2006 (Act No. 4 of 2006), Gas Act, 2001 (Act No. 48 of 2001) and Petroleum Pipelines Act, 2003 (Act No. 60 of 2003). The structure of the Energy Regulator consists of nine members, five of whom are part-time and four are full-time, including the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Energy Regulator is supported by a secretariat under the direction of the CEO. The Energy Regulator wishes to recruit personnel with appropriate competencies in the following areas:
Department: Electricity Pricing and Tariffs (EPT)
Package: R413 206. 00 – R 524 764.00 per annum (CTC)(Ref: HR: 15/19)
- A B.Sc. Degree with statistics as a major subjects or equivalent in the technical environment
- Minimum of Three (3) years analytical and statistical experience and energy industry experience
- Statistical packages such as SAS and SPSS
- Sound knowledge of MS office especially spreadsheets.
The candidate must be competent in the following:
- Analytical Skills
- Computer Literacy
- Good Communication (written and verbal) Skills
- Writing and Presentation Skills
- High level of Computer Skills.
Reporting to the Head of Department: Electricity Pricing and Tariffs and Senior Statistician, the incumbent is expected to validate and analyse data that is collected by NERSA and transform it into information
that can be used to support decision-making in the electricity industry. The successful incumbent will:
- Timely collect national energy-related data from stakeholders
- Ensure the co-ordination and integration of data collected with other relevant information systems at national level
- Clean, validate, capture and store data collected from stakeholders on NERSA Server and ensure that data is of high quality and ready for analysis
- Analyse energy, licensee and market research data and transform it to information that can readily used by NERSA decision-makers and external clients
- Write and present reports based on the data collected by NERSA
- Train users of these reports on how to utilize and interpret the data
- Benchmark the collected energy related data to international standards.
Enquiries for this position should be directed to: Ms. Lehuma Masike on (012) 401-4600.
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of the organization.
CLOSING DATE: 30 May 2019
Interested persons can forward a comprehensive CV to email@example.com or National Energy Regulator of South Africa, Human Resources Department, PO Box 40343, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0007, for attention: Ms. Elizabeth Duma.
NB: Applications received from recruitment agencies will not be accepted. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualification evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide proof of such evaluation.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you do not hear from NERSA within one month of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.