Senior Economic and Financial Analyst in Pretoria, Tshwane Metro
The National Energy Regulator (NERSA) is a regulatory authority established as a juristic person in terms of Section 3 of the National Energy Regulator Act, 2004 (Act No. 40 of 2004). NERSA’s mandate is to regulate the
electricity, piped-gas and petroleum pipeline industries in terms of the Electricity Regulation Act, 2006 (Act No. 4 of 2006), Gas Act, 2001 (Act No. 48 of 2001) and Petroleum Pipelines Act, 2003 (Act No. 60 of 2003). The structure of the Energy Regulator consists of nine members, five of whom are part-time and four are full-time, including the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Energy Regulator is supported by a secretariat under the direction of the CEO. The Energy Regulator wishes to recruit personnel with appropriate competencies in the following areas:
Senior Economic and Financial Analyst
Department: Electricity Pricing and Tariffs (EPT)
Package: R638 376.00 – R875 385.00 per annum (CTC) (Ref: HR: 12/19)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Economic/Finance
- A post graduate degree in Economics/Finance will be an added advantage
- Minimum of Five (5) years working experience and thorough knowledge of the
- Electricity Supply Industry (ESI) with emphasis on regulatory or related matters.
The candidate must be competent in the following:
- Analytical Skills
- Communication (verbal and written) Skills
- Modelling and spreadsheets
- Report writing Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- High level of computer Skills
- Time management Skills.
Reporting to the Head of Department, Electricity Pricing and Tariffs, The successful incumbent will be responsible for:
- Developing economic regulation methodologies best practice
- Determine adequate revenues to be awarded to regulated entities and assess tariff structures for various suppliers to achieve regulatory objectives
- Developing guidelines to municipalities on tariff levels, evaluate and recommend approval of tariff adjustment application on an annual basis
- Provide quality check of the municipal tariff evaluation by analysis prior to these being reviewed and approved by HOD for submission to the Energy Regulator or any of its committees
- Participate in workgroups/team for the restructuring of the electricity industry in South Africa while also developing methodologies for the regulation of RED’s
- Assist the HOD in the training and development of Analysts and supervising them by ensuring that the work produced by these Analysts are of the required quality as set by management
- Manage the allocated profile of licensees by ensuring constant communication and reporting back on matters pertinent to these licensees
- Compile monthly and quarterly reports on the portfolio of allocated licensees and projects for which he/she is responsible
- Assist the HOD with ongoing strategic planning and monitoring of all departmental matters.
Enquiries for this position should be directed to: Ms. Lehuma Masike on (012) 401-4600.
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of the organization.
CLOSING DATE: 30 May 2019
Interested persons can forward a comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or National Energy Regulator of South Africa, Human Resources Department, PO Box 40343, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0007, for attention: Ms. Elizabeth Duma.
NB: Applications received from recruitment agencies will not be accepted. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualification evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide proof of such evaluation.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you do not hear from NERSA within one month of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Submit Your CV
We are always on the lookout for new talent. If you like what we have showcased here and believe we would be a great fit, add your CV to our Talent Pool of candidates and we might just be calling you for an interview.