Senior Supply Chain Management Officer in Pretoria, Tshwane Metro
The National Energy Regulator (NERSA) is a regulatory authority established as a juristic person in terms of Section 3 of the National Energy Regulator Act, 2004 (Act No. 40 of 2004). NERSA’s mandate is to regulate the
electricity, piped-gas and petroleum pipeline industries in terms of the Electricity Regulation Act, 2006 (Act No. 4 of 2006), Gas Act, 2001 (Act No. 48 of 2001) and Petroleum Pipelines Act, 2003 (Act No. 60 of 2003). The structure of the Energy Regulator consists of nine members, five of whom are part-time and four are full-time, including the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Energy Regulator is supported by a secretariat under the direction of the CEO. The Energy Regulator wishes to recruit personnel with appropriate competencies in the following areas:
Senior Supply Chain Management Officer
Department: Supply Chain Management/Facilities/Projects (SCM/F/P)
Package: R564 671.00 – R710 640.00 per annum (CTC) (Ref: HR: 14/19)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management / Finance / Purchasing or equivalent
- Minimum of Five (5) years related experience in Supply Chain Management (Demand and Acquisition Management)
- Understanding of Treasury Regulations, PFMA, B-BBEE Act and PPPFA.
The candidate must be competent in the following:
- Analytical Skills
- Planning Skills
- Communication Skills(verbal and written)
- Numeric Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Report writing Skills
- Computer Literacy
- Time management Skills
- Organizational Skills
Reporting to the SCM Manager, the main purpose of this position is to assist in the development and implementation of demand management systems that will foster a culture of planned procurements of goods and services that is effective, efficient, economical and transparent: The successful incumbent
will be responsible for: Demand Management:
- Supervision of the demand planning processes which includes the following: Develop, implement and maintain the annual procurement plan
- Conduct needs assessments by collecting and analysis relevant data categorizing commodities (e.g. budget, procurement spend, contract register and asset acquisition plan)
- Conduct market and industry analysis
- Confirming budget availability
- Oversee, coordinate and drafting of specification/terms of reference and special conditions of contract
- Render an advisory service to NERSA on the acquisition of goods and services in line with SCM prescripts
- Develop and implement sourcing/enterprise & supplier development strategies
- Follow up on progress with affected departments
Monthly and quarterly reporting on the progress of the procurement plan Acquisition Management:
Supervision of the bid invitation and evaluations of bids and quotations processes, which includes the following that:
- Bids are administered in line with the approved procurement plan
- Bid documents are compiled on time and bids advertised in the government tender bulletin and various media
- The process of closing bids/quotations is administered correctly
- Supervision of the evaluation processes from appointment of BEC members to drafting of BEC reports to all BAC/REC and FIC committees and contracting
- Identify shortcomings and problem solving
- Provide bi-weekly reports on the quotations and bids in line with the approved procurement plan to SCM Manager
- Monthly External reporting to the National Treasury on all contract above R100k, DTI and Auditor General
- Ensure accurate recording, filling and archiving of all SCM documents
- Provide guidance and support to Departments
- Monitoring of irregular, wasteful and fruitless expenditures and condonation thereof
- Establishment of BSC, driving the process of development of TOR/Specifications plan and approval thereof in line with the approved Procurement plan timelines
- Drive the advertisement process and ensuring that Bids are advertised/approval through BAC for single sourcing
- Stakeholder management and monthly reporting on progress on procurement plan
People and Performance Management:
- Manage the performance of direct reports by setting them clear performance objectives
- Coaching and/or mentoring them at all times
- Motivating them to achieve their goals
- Providing them with regular performance feedback
- Creating opportunities for them to grow; and supporting their development through formal and informal training and development initiatives
- Advice and train line managers and NERSA staff on policies, processes, systems and best practices relating to Supply Chain Management.
Enquiries for this position should be directed to: Ms. Zodwa Nkosi on (012) 401-4600.
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of the organization.
CLOSING DATE: 30 May 2019
Interested persons can forward a comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or National Energy Regulator of South Africa, Human Resources Department, PO Box 40343, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0007, for attention: Ms. Elizabeth Duma.
NB: Applications received from recruitment agencies will not be accepted. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualification evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide proof of such evaluation.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you do not hear from NERSA within one month of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.