Senior Financial and Market Analyst in Pretoria, Tshwane Metro
The National Energy Regulator (NERSA) is a regulatory authority established as a juristic person in terms of Section 3 of the National Energy Regulator Act, 2004 (Act No. 40 of 2004). NERSA’s mandate is to regulate the
electricity, piped-gas and petroleum pipeline industries in terms of the Electricity Regulation Act, 2006 (Act No. 4 of 2006), Gas Act, 2001 (Act No. 48 of 2001) and Petroleum Pipelines Act, 2003 (Act No. 60 of 2003). The structure of the Energy Regulator consists of nine members, five of whom are part-time and four are full-time, including the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Energy Regulator is supported by a secretariat under the direction of the CEO. The Energy Regulator wishes to recruit personnel with appropriate competencies in the following areas:
Senior Financial and Market Analyst
Department: Petroleum Pipelines Tariffs (PPT)
Package: R638 376.00 – R875 385.00 per annum (CTC)(Ref: HR: 11/19)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any other similar or equivalent qualification
- A post graduate degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of Five (5) years working experience that can be applied to Petroleum Pipelines Tariffs
- Be familiar with the Petroleum Pipelines Act, the Regulations and Rules made under that Act
- Be familiar with the NERSA Tariff Methodologies for the Petroleum
- Pipelines Industry and NERSA’s Regulatory Reporting Manuals.
The candidate must be competent in the following:
- Financial Analysis
- Communication Skills
- Report writing Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Problem solving Skills
- High level of computer modelling Skills.
Reporting to the Head of the Department Petroleum Pipelines Tariffs: The successful incumbent will:
- Analyse tariff applications and recommend decisions in regard thereto
- Review and amend NERSA Tariff Methodologies for the Petroleum Pipelines, Storage, and loading facilities
- Project leader to manage the processing of and analysis of tariff applications in the department
- Build financial models and or apply financial models in order to evaluate/analyse tariff applications
- Be conversant with NERSA’s Regulatory Reporting Manuals
- Analyse regulatory financial reports from licensees and recommend clawback or other adjustments to tariffs
- Assist in the development of a data bank of petroleum pipelines, loading and storage facilities, including information on uncommitted capacity, so that access by third parties can be facilitated
- Analyse license applications to economic and financial viability
- Utilize pipeline and storage volume data in order to contribute to assessments of security of supply
- Participate in NERSA Committees and Working Groups from time to time
- Interact with licensees and other stakeholders as required
- Document the department’s operating processes, recommend and implement efficiency improvements
- Participate in projects, where required, in line with the Strategic Plan and Business Plan and NERSA’s Team-based Network Structure principles, either as a participant or team leader
Enquiries for this position should be directed to: Ms. Nobulungisa Boko on (012) 401-4600.
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of the organization.
CLOSING DATE: 30 May 2019
Interested persons can forward a comprehensive CV to email@example.com or National Energy Regulator of South Africa, Human Resources Department, PO Box 40343, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0007, for attention: Ms. Elizabeth Duma.
NB: Applications received from recruitment agencies will not be accepted. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualification evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide proof of such evaluation.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you do not hear from NERSA within one month of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.