DIRECTOR: INNOVATION POLICY RESEARCH in Pretoria
The mission of the Department of Science and Technology is to provide leadership, an enabling environment and resources for science, technology and innovation in support of South Africa’s development. To assist
us in achieving this, we wish to appoint a dynamic individual in the following position:
DIRECTOR: INNOVATION POLICY RESEARCH
(Re-advertisement: Applicants who previously applied are encouraged to re-apply)
SALARY: R1 005 063.00 - R1 183 932.00 per annum (all-inclusive remuneration package)
- B-Tech/Honours in Science/Social Science/Commerce (minimum NQF level 7).
- A qualification in Innovation Policy Development will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of five year's working experience at a middle or senior management level in the science, technology innovation and research policy field.
- Knowledge and experience in national and international innovation systems analysis.
- Best practice in innovation instrument design, understanding of research and innovation management processes.
- Practical understanding of the role of science and technology innovation in socio-economic growth.
- In-depth knowledge of government policy and systems.
- Incumbent must have interpersonal, negotiations, networking and advanced communication skills.
- Personal attributes should include high degree of motivation and initiative thinking, as well as participate as a member of cross functional and multidisciplinary teams.
- Be able to work under pressure and work with a range of diverse stakeholders and to manage potential conflict.
- Manage innovation policy and technology commercialisation research projects.
- Manage national and international policy research in respect of innovation and knowledge economy development trends.
- Enable strategic business and market intelligence gathering, analysis and dissemination.
- Provide strategic management including people management and empowerment and financial management.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Dolly Masuku, Tel. 012 843 6692
The Department of Science and Technology is an affirmative action employer and coloured people, white females and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply for these posts.
Applications must be accompanied by a signed Z83 form and up-to-date curriculum vitae (including three contactable referees) as well as recently certified copies of all qualifications and the applicant’s identity document.
You can also post your Z83, CV and application letter to the Chief Director: Human Resources, Private Bag X894, Pretoria, 0001, or hand-deliver them to the Department at Building 53, CSIR Campus, Meiring Naudé Road,
Brummeria (Applicants must bring ID/ Driver’s license/ Passport to get access to the department).
Note: Confirmation of permanent appointment will be subject to the applicant passing a security check and the confirmation of the applicant’s qualifications. It is the responsibility of applicants to have any foreign qualifications verified by the South African Qualifications Authority.
The Department will respond only to shortlisted candidates, who will be interviewed on a date and at a time specified by the Department. The Department reserves the right not to appoint anyone to the above posts, and to withdraw them, readvertise them or fill them by way of transfer or deployment if this is considered in the interests of service delivery. If you do not hear from us within 3 months, please consider your application unsuccessful.
All candidates for Senior Management Service (SMS) positions will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics for which will be communicated by the Department. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment (in compliance with the DPSA directive on the implementation of competency based assessment, and using the mandated DPSA SMS competency-assessment tools).
THE CLOSING DATE IS 31 MAY 2019