Media and Communications Officer in Centurion, Tshwane Metro
The Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSiRA) with its head
office in Pretoria is the statutory body regulating the private security
industry in South Africa. PSiRA is looking for dynamic experienced and
suitably qualified professionals to take up the following challenging
positions. It is the intention of the Authority to promote equity and merit
through the filling of this position.
Media and Communications Officer
R 350 511 basic salary p/a plus benefits (Pretoria - Centurion)
- Grade 12
- Relevant Degree/National Diploma in Journalism /Public Relations/Communications or equivalent coupled with 5 years plus experience, 3 years working with the media and or in a corporate environment.
- Must submit portfolio of evidence-extensive experience in copywriting and proofreading within a Public Relations, Journalism or Communications role
- Previous experience in media relations and track record in securing media coverage
- Experience in online communications including: developing and implementing online strategies and maintain website
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office and Desk Top Publishing
- Competency in graphic design will be an added advantage.
Candidates are requested to send a comprehensive CV accompanied by certified copies of qualifications together with application letter for the attention of the Human Capital Division, Private Bag X817, Pretoria, 0001 or hand delivered to 420 Witch Hazel Avenue, Block B Office Park 2, Highveld Ext 70 or go to www.psira.co.za to view the full advert or to register and apply.
Closing date for applications: 31 May 2019.
NB: No faxed applications will be accepted and short-listed candidates may be required to write competency tests as part of the selection processes. In case where more information is required, short-listed candidates may be asked to provide portfolio of evidence.
Applicants who have not been contacted on/before 01 September 2019 must consider their applications as being unsuccessful.