9 Fulton Road
Vitafoam is the leading manufacturer of Flexible Polyurethane Foam Slab Stock within the SADC region.
Established in the late 1960’s as a joint Venture with British Vita, Vitafoam has been pioneering the development of Flexible Polyurethane applications within the furniture, bedding and general foam markets for over 50 years. Now part of KAP’s diversified industrial group Vitafoam together with is sister companies, PG Bison, Deslee Mattex, Buffalo Texiles is ideally positioned to dominate the supply of raw materials all into local Furniture Market and beyond
Vita Means “life” and our promise at Vitafoam is to bring “Comfort to Your Life”
To ensure that we meet our promise to our Customers, we continually challenge our Proud Leadership position the Pillars of which are:
• Leadership in Quality
Vitafoam is the only SABS certified manufacturer of Flexible Polyurethane Foam in South Africa and was instrumental in pioneering the development of the SABS 640 Standards for Flexible polyurethane foam.
We are also the only certified manufacture that conforms to the new SANS883:2009 Standards/ISO5999:2007. We have invested in state of the art foam test laboratories, to ensure that all products produced meet the stringent specifications within respect to Density, Hardness, Tensile strength, Elongation, Tear resistance, Compression set, Dynamic Fatigue
Porosity and Resilience.
All aimed at providing our customers peace of mind that our products will perform as desired in their appropriate applications.
• Leadership in Product Development
All foam products developed by Vitafoam have become the industry Standard in terms of density, hardness and colour which our competitors must conform to in order to gain entry.
We continually listen to our customers’ needs and have supported them to grow their markets driven by ever changing and demanding customer expectations.
Vitafoam can proudly state that we have been the first to develop and introduce
• Combustion Modified Foams to support our Lounge Manufacturers export
• Memory Foam and PolyLatex Foams for our bedding manufacturers to ensure their products meet international trends
• Gel Foams that regulates the temperature in Beds
• Anti-microbial Foams for the domestic and medical industry
• Ball Fibre for our Lounge Manufactures
• Leadership in Technology
Vitafoam embraces first World manufacturing technology adapted to our developing world manufacturing environment to maximize return on investment:
- Our JHB Maxfoam Plant is the most advance on the African continent with conveyorised side walls, flat topping and more than 30 streams.
- Our Fibre opening, blowing and balling plants are capable for process all types of polyester fibres including micro-fibre
- Our latest investment in an Expanded polyethylene manufacturing facility uses Korean Technology with the most advance risk management system
• Leadership in Service
- Our National foot print enables us to service our markets with 24 to 48 hours and provides regional market with peace of mind in terms of continuity.
• Leadership in Human Capital & Diversity
With over 120 years of combined industry leadership experience Vitafoam has been able to attract and develop a highly competent and committed work force demographically representative of the regions they service.
Our BBBEE Procurement recognition level stands at 80% and our BBBEE status is at a Level 5 contributor.
• Leadership in Market Share
Through our ability to evolve and innovate to meet markets demands Vitafoam has been able to sustain its market share position in spite of increase competition
• Leadership in Risk Management
Being part of a multi-national our corporate governance and risk management has become the benchmark for the industry
• All adding to Leadership in Total Value Offering
This leadership position has enabled us for over 50 years to partner with all the leading brands in like:
Sealy, Simmons, Serta, Restonic, Slumber Land, King Coil, Edblo, Genessi, Dunloppillo, Silent Night, Gomma Gomma, Grafton, Alpine, Gerald Yosh, Coricraft, Bakos Brothers, Seating, 3M etc.
For further information please visit our website
This employer is not currently advertising. Why not try our job search?